Sunday, June 5, 2011

Labryinth (from a friend!)

With many thanks to Sally for the poem (and God for inspiring her as well :-)


Labryinth

I enter in,
and though twigs
and roots
obscure the
way ahead
and threaten to trip me,
I move forward,
inward
and forward,
seeking the centre,
my centre,
+
stones scatter
under my feet,
and the way is
not smoothed
out before me,
but I move
forward, inward
and forward
seeking the centre,
my centre…
+
There is a way out,
but I must press on,
I must press in,
my heart leads me,
and though I may pause
to admire
a wildflower
as an unexpected jewel,
my way is forward
inward and forward,
seeking the centre,
my centre…
+
my steps
are burdened,
and my heart beats
loud in my ears, and
as I seek you,
as I place one foot
before the other
my way is forward,
inward and forward,
seeking the centre,
my centre…
+
and there
I find you,
and at last
I find myself again,
I am centred,
and at peace,
and I rest here
with you,
 I lay my burden down, for
I have found you
here
my centred
centre...
+
but you call me
forward,
outward,
yet forward,
and I must go, must respond...
+
but I do not
leave alone, for
you go with me,
you are always with me,
my centre
and my Lord…
only help me to find you,
to meet you
day by day
on both the inward
and outward steps
of  my faith's
pilgrimage…

No comments:

Post a Comment