Wednesday, February 18, 2015

40 Acts

Like many others, I've signed up to 40 acts for lent and day one encourages me to think about generosity.


If you want to read all about it - the link is here....


 http://stewardship-news.org/P3Z-36HB0-25F02JOWD9/cr.aspx


40 acts, gives you 3 options of how to respond - depending on the time you have available, and I have decided to go with the second option, of writing a journal (well blog) to document all the things you learn over the next 40 days, and especially today to write a list of those you would like to bless during this season of Lent. And so, although I know I'm not very good at sticking to these sort of things, I will attempt to write something each day.


I cannot make a list of the people I would like to bless, as for some of them it's a personal / confidential reason - but this morning, in a short act of communion for Ash Wednesday, I asked God to bless all the funeral directors and Coroners who, at least around here, are incredibly busy at this time. There doesn't seem to be a day in which I do not hear of someone that has died, and of course this brings pressures and sadness for many people - especially as there can be a long delay before the funeral can take place.


I wonder, whether you have signed up for the 40 acts or not, who you would like to bless today??

















No comments:

Post a Comment